As the days have gotten colder in the Ozarks, meal planning has switched more to a cozy winter, one pot meal. Today, I’m sharing with you our family’s favorite chili recipe.
You’ve probably found yourself in a sea of dishes after cooking a hearty meal for the family. One pot meals seem to be a hit because of the easy clean-up! And bonus, place it all in one pot to cook while doing something else.
The only kitchen tool needed for this recipe is a dutch oven, or large pot, and a spoon!
Ingredients for this Cozy Winter Meal:
- Chili beans – Traditional beans for chili: pinto, kidney or black beans. For this recipe, I’m using Anasazi beans. Anasazi are easier to digest.
- Salsa – Using salsa, with your preferred heat (mild, medium, hot) gives the perfect base for this chili. Including salsa takes care of extra single ingredients that would increase the price of this meal. This single ingredient takes care of tomatoes, onion, peppers and heat.
- Ground Beef
- Apple Cider Vinegar with “The Mother.” The mother in Apple Cider Vinegar is beneficial bacteria.
- Pickled Jalapenos – We were blessed with a great jalapeno harvest this year, so I included them in this recipe. This ingredient is not necessary for the recipe, if you find it’s not readily available.
- Smoked Paprika
- Chili Powder
- Salt to Taste.
Watch Our Video of Cozy Winter One Pot Meal ~ Chili!
Great served with corn chips or cornbread. Top off with cheese to add creaminess.
Cozy Winter Chili
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 cans Chili Beans Pinto, Kidney, Black, Anasazi, etc.
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (with the Mother)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Pickled Jalapenos
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- Salt to taste.
- Brown the ground beef.
- Strain grease off ground beef.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
You may also enjoy: