Today was a slow living kind of day. Our family enjoyed hours of sledding after a winter storm brought several inches of ice! Going inside the cottage later, we enjoyed a cup of cozy homemade hot cocoa.
To make this yummy cup of goodness you will need water, a pure cacao powder (pure meaning the only ingredient is cacao), whole fat milk, your choice of sweetener, and grass-fed butter. For us, we like to use organic coconut sugar. It has minerals and nutrients not found in cane sugar. Add honey or maple syrup to individual cups to satisfy everyone’s sweetness level.
Some of our links are affiliate links.
- Bring 1 cups of water to a slow boil
- Stir in 6 Tablespoons of cacao powder. We buy our cocoa in bulk! If you’re interested, I included our link to buy bulk cocoa from Azure Standard.
- Whisk in 5 cups of whole fat milk
- Add 1 Tablespoon grass-fed butter
- Add 4 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- Reduce heat to simmer and enjoy a cup
Add semi-sweet dark chocolate morsels if you prefer a richer chocolate taste.
The perfect cup of hot chocolate, both creamy and sweet! To cool it down for kids, add extra milk to their cup. My boys like it sweeter than I, of course, extra sweetener can be added to their cups.
Cozying up with a hot cup of chocolate was a satisfying way to end the fun day of sledding.
Thanks for reading. Until next time, blessings to you!
Cozy Homemade Hot Cocoa
- 1 Cup Water
- 6 tbsp Cocoa Powder Add 1/4 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate morsels if you prefer a richer chocolate taste.
- 5 Cups Whole Milk
- 6 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Bring water to a slow boil.
- Whisk in Cocoa powder. Stir until smooth.
- Add milk, slowly.
- Add butter and sugar.