Sometimes the art of preparing nice meals for the family can become stale. That’s why I enjoy making a one pot meal! Tweak the ingredients to use what you have on hand.
The perfect cool weather meal, this dinner is wholesome and tasty. The veggies can be changed out for whatever’s in your fridge.
As we find ourselves in the middle of fall, nice hearty meals are even more important to enjoy. Good nutrition will help keep us going with seasonal colds around the corner.
Tips for Making this Pot Meal:
- Use a big casserole dish or dutch oven. (Sometimes I use this huge vision casserole dish. We scored it super cheap at an auction.)
- Slice chicken breast in half, lengthwise. I slice the chicken in half to manage the portions for our family of 4. Everyone gets a nice sized piece of meat, but they eat their vegetables too! Otherwise, my boys would fill up on chicken.
- Swap out the broccoli for green beans or any other nutritious vegetable.
One Pot Ingredients:
Chicken Breasts – organic is preferred because it will be free of antibiotics and will be Non-GMO.
Potatoes – I used russet, but fingerling potatoes are a great option. The fingerling potatoes don’t need to be chopped.
Broccoli – fresh or frozen
Onion – Use half of a yellow onion to add flavor and nutrition.
Garlic – Mince garlic over the entire dish.
Butter – Olive Oil or Avocado Oil would also work.
Water – To protect against sticking.
Salt and Pepper – to taste.
Watch Our Video of this Meal
Find more cold weather meals:
One Pot Meal - Chicken and Veggies
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 4 Potatoes Medium sized, chopped.
- 1 Head Broccoli Chopped
- 1/2 Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves Large sized, minced.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Olive Oil or Avocado Oil works.
- 1/3 Cup Water
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- First, add cubed potatoes along one side of the dish.
- Next, cut chicken breasts in half, lengthwise, and place in the middle of the casserole dish.
- Place broccoli on the other side of the chicken.
- Add onion and garlic to the top of the other ingredients.
- Pour 1/3 cup of water into the dish.
- Cover and cook at 400 degrees for 40 minutes, or until chicken is done.